Sunday 8 January 2012

In My Mailbox #13

It has been quite a while since I have posted an In My Mailbox, and I apologise for that - unfortunately, so many things have happened to me in the past few weeks, that I have found it difficult keeping up with everything on the blog. I am trying my best now to get back on track though. What I shall so this week then, is tell you about the pre-Christmas books, books I got for Christmas, and those I've had this week.

Before Christmas

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
I won this one before Christmas from the wonderful Amy at Following the Reader.
I had been looking forward to getting a copy so much, that I decided to read it almost straight away. I absolutely loved it! You can read my review by clicking HERE.

Now go and follow Amy's blog - it's a great one! :)


Working Stiff by Rachel Caine (Click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
This another book I won from a fellow blogger, Hannah at Once Upon a Time. This is going on my 2012 t0-read pile challenge this year - not because it's been on the to-read list for ages, but because I just can't wait to read it!

Angel Evolution by David Estes (Click on the image to view the goodreads synopsis)
This is an eBook that I again received via another blogger. The blogger in question is one, unfortunately, that I can't locate. They had an interview with the author, David Estes, with a giveaway where anyone that entered would win an eBook copy of the book. So of course I entered, and received my free Smashwords download of the book.
I will hopefully be reviewing this one soon.




Books I got for Christmas

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (click on the image for the goodreads synopsis)
This is my challenge read for 2012. I have been meaning to read it for years, so what better way to make myself read it than have a gorgeous copy of it to read it from? My little brother got me this for Christmas, and I'm so grateful for it! It's one of the leatherbound Barnes & Noble Classics, and it's beautiful. I think I shall be tackling it over the summer, so I can concentrate on it properly without my University work being in the way.

Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys (click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
This is the first book that I got off my parents. Basically, they never really know what to get me, so I just wrote a little list of books as ideas for them.
This was on my wishlist for quite a while, so I'm glad to finally have it! :)
(You can also win it on my 1000 Follower Push giveaway - click the giveaway image in the left side bar of the blog).

Avenger's Angel by Heather Killough-Walden (click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
This is one I was really looking forward to getting! I seem to be reading more and more fantasy novels to do with Angels at the moment, so this was a perfect choice! It had also been on my wishlist for a while, so I was especially looking forward to getting it on my shelves - where it looks very pretty, I have to say - look at that cover!

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore (click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
This is another that I got for Christmas that had been on my wishlist for a fairly long time.
This is another of the books I've got recently to do with Witches, so I think I need to get at least one of them read soon - it may as well be this one! Definitely looking forward to it!


Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
I've heard so many good things about this book, that I really can't wait to read it! It sounds like a dark but compelling read - definitely a style that I think will contradict that beautiful cover! This is also going on my 2012 t0-read pile challenge.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
I waited so long to get this one! It's the first book I got from my wonderful boyfriend for Christmas. It sounds like such a fantastic read, and I shall be reading it before I go back for my second semester at University at the end of this month.


Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma (click the image for the goodreads synopsis)
This is the other book I got from my wonderful boyfriend for Christmas. It sounds like a thrilling, compelling and dark read. Hopefully it'll keep me as gripped as I am expecting it to.

Rachel Morgan books 1 & 2 by Kim Harrison (click on the images for each goodreads synopsis)
I had a couple of amazon vouchers for Christmas, so I used some of one of them to get these two eBooks for my Kindle. They were on offer for 99p each, so I decided to get both of the first two. They sound really good, so I can't wait to read at least the first one soon!


The past week

Instead of making the post ridiculously long, I shall now just post the pictures of the books I have received, which you can click, as always, to view the Goodreads pages and synopsis' for each book.

Physical books



eBooks for review



8 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some really great books in your haul. I want Shatter Me, Night Circus and The Unbecoming. Really cool.
My IMM

Test said...

Ooh, you got so many awesome books! Every Other Day, Shatter Me, and Between Shades of Gray are all fabulous so I hope you enjoy them. Also I'm so jealous that you have Texas Gothic- that book has been on my wishlist for ages. Happy reading! :)

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

So many fantastic books again! Yay for Mara, Shatter Me and The Night Circus - and Jane Eyre! I downloaded it for my Kindle when I got it but I haven't managed to read it yet :c Oh and I bought Between Shades of Grey as well, whoop! (I actually forgot to add it to my list, thanks for reminding me - and let me know if you want to buddy read sometime, ha!)
I'll have to check out The Dead of Summer - I haven't heard about it but it looks interesting.

Thanks for sharing hun and have a nice weekend <3
My IMM
x x x

Farah said...

so many great hauls! Hope you enjoy your reads(especially with Shatter Me) ;)

Passion for Novels said...

Ooooo, I wanted that Sherlock one! It sounds really good! I can't believe I still haven't got The Night Circus :-(

Dani Cotton said...

Awww Gem! We'll have to go out to town so you can get it :D
Would you want to go next week? xxx

Jude Henderson said...

Wow, you got so many GREAT BOOKS there! I really hope Imaginary Girls is creepy! I'll be on the lookout for a review :)

Congrats on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.
PS: Tell your boyfriend he has great book taste x)

Laura BurgandyIce said...

Great books!! I LOVE Jane Eyre - I can't wait to see what you think of it!! Probably does require more attention than some other books. :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design