Wednesday 9 November 2011

Wishlist Wednesday #9

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore
Waterstone's synopsis:

This is a spooky, electrifying love story. Amy Goodnight's family are far from normal. She comes from a long line of witches, and grew up surrounded by benevolent spirits and kitchen spells. All fairly harmless, but Amy can't wait to get to college and escape the 'family business'. But things take a darker turn when she and her sister Phin spend the summer looking after Aunt Hyacinth's ranch. Amy is visited by a midnight spectre who is clearly trying to send her a message. It seems that the discovery of an old grave on a neighbour's land has been the catalyst for an apparent ghost uprising. Aided by local friends and Ben, the handsome cowboy who just can't take his eyes off Amy, the sisters investigate. And they soon find that there's something strange and dangerous going on, deep in the heart of Texas...

I only discovered this one the other day, so it hasn't been on my wishlist for long. I'm definitely thinking of adding this to my Christmas list though! I definitely seem to be being drawn to novels involving witches at the moment, but as of yet, I haven't managed to read any. Now my first university assignments are finished and handed in, maybe I'll be able to get some read before I have to hit the uni books again!
This one definitely has me intrigued!










2 comments:

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

This book sounds great! I love books about witches! As you can see from my pick today!! Hope you do get it for Christmas!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

This book sounds great. I've not heard of it before, so I'm adding it to my wishlist :D

Jen x
My Wishlist Wednesday

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design