Wednesday 16 November 2011

Wishlist Wednesday #10

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma
Goodreads synopsis:

Chloe's older sister, Ruby, is the girl everyone looks to and longs for, who can't be captured or caged. When a night with Ruby's friends goes horribly wrong and Chloe discovers the dead body of her classmate London Hayes left floating in the reservoir, Chloe is sent away from town and away from Ruby.

But Ruby will do anything to get her sister back, and when Chloe returns to town two years later, deadly surprises await. As Chloe flirts with the truth that Ruby has hidden deeply away, the fragile line between life and death is redrawn by the complex bonds of sisterhood.

With palpable drama and delicious craft, Nova Ren Suma bursts onto the YA scene with the story that everyone will be talking about.

I have looked at this one a few times in the past, but have never decided to finally get it off the wishlist and on to my shelves. This is now on my Christmas list though, so I'm really excited about getting it! I decided I was definitely going for the hardback copy of this one because - well look at it - it's beautiful! The paperback version is not so pretty, and is actually quite dull by comparison, so I have gone for the beautiful hardback!
The story sounds like something that is quite unique as well - I've never heard of anything that is quite like it.

What do you think of this one? Has it made a place on your wishlist too? Let me know in the comments :)

________________







7 comments:

primrose said...

I'm in love with the cover but read some rather negative reviews on Goodreads so not sure whether to read this one or not.

Megan said...

Sounds like an interesting read... I haven't heard of this one before.

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

I think I've seen this one before, it sounds like an interesting read! And I'd definitely go with the hardback copy too, it's gorgeous :)

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

That cover is absolutely Amazing!!

SarahS. said...

This book has been on my wishlist for a long time too, I love the cover!
Here's mine
http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/

Bellas Shelf said...

This is new to me too, The cover is quite beautiful. I am a new follower of this meme :)
Wishlist Wednesday@Books&Beyond

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

Sorry I'm a day late doing my Wishlist Weds xx Oooh Imaginary Girls sounds good :) I haven't heard of it before..... how did that go under my radar mmmmm. The cover is eye catching too. Fab pick Dani!!!

Jen - My Wishlist Wednesday

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design