Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #81

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


Saving Mars
by Cidney Swanson 

Goodreads synopsis:
When the food supply of Mars’ human settlement is decimated, seventeen-year-old Jessamyn Jaarda, the best pilot Mars Colonial has ever seen, flies to Earth to raid for food. Earth-Mars relations couldn’t be worse, and her brother is captured during the raid. Breaking rules of secrecy and no contact, Jess finds an ally in Pavel, nephew to a government official, but their friendship only makes more agonizing the choice before her: Save her brother or save her planet?
I first heard about Saving Mars on Sue Moro's YouTube channel, and have also recently watched her excellent review of the book (which only made me want to read it more). This is a YA science-fiction novel unlike anything I've heard of before, because of one simple thing; the main character is from Mars, not Earth. This really intrigues me, especially as I've never read any science fiction that really involves The Red Planet before, so I'm really interested to see how this is dealt with.
Couple that with Sue's obvious enthusiasm for the series, and I think we're onto a winner here! I trust her opinion on books, so I'm pretty sure I will enjoy this one. I'm hoping to get it on my Kindle very soon.

What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time participating. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your page or I would have never heard of Saving Mars. It's sounds pretty interesting.

Ula said...

Nice pick. I've seen it around a lot lately and I hope we both get it soon. I'm cureious about this one a lot.

My WW

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

I've not heard of this one but it does sound good. On the wishlist it goes lol. I checked on your wishlist on Goodreads and you have over 300 books! Wow, Dani, Wow lol xx Loves xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design