Wednesday 27 January 2016

Wishlist Wednesday #215

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


Giant Days Volume 1
by John Allison & Lissa Treiman
Goodreads

Synopsis:
Susan, Esther, and Daisy started at university three weeks ago and became fast friends. Now, away from home for the first time, all three want to reinvent themselves. But in the face of handwringing boys, “personal experimentation,” influenza, mystery mold, nuchauvinism, and the willful, unwanted intrusion of “academia,” they may be lucky just to make it to spring alive. Collects issues #1-4.
I haven't picked a graphic novel for my Wishlist Wednesday for a little while, so I thought I would today, especially as I seem to have added so many of them to the Wishlist recently.
Giant Days is one that I've actually looked at a couple of times in Forbidden Planet, but decided not to pick up in favour of other comics. However, I've been watching some YouTube comic book reviews this past week and Giant Days has been mentioned quite a lot in these videos. Everyone has been saying how great the story is, and it has me intrigued enough to make sure that on my next visit to the comic shop, this is a priority pick!
As I'm taking my brother comic shopping at the weekend for his birthday, it won't be that long until this is on my shelves, awaiting my attention.


What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 








1 comments:

Unknown said...

Surprisingly I have never picked up a Graphic Novel (shame I know) but this one looks like a really quirky read. Reading a graphic novel is definitely on tbr pile I just haven't found the right one for me but that is definitely a top literary goal for the year.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design