Wednesday 15 July 2015

Wishlist Wednesday #188

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


The Diviners
by Libba Bray

Synopsis:
It's 1920s New York City. It's flappers and Follies, jazz and gin. It's after the war but before the depression. And for certain group of bright young things it's the opportunity to party like never before.

For Evie O'Neill, it's escape. She's never fit in in small town Ohio and when she causes yet another scandal, she's shipped off to stay with an uncle in the big city. But far from being exile, this is exactly what she's always wanted: the chance to show how thoroughly modern and incredibly daring she can be.

But New York City isn't about just jazz babies and follies girls. It has a darker side. Young women are being murdered across the city. And these aren't crimes of passion. They're gruesome. They're planned. They bear a strange resemblance to an obscure group of tarot cards. And the New York City police can't solve them alone.

Evie wasn't just escaping the stifling life of Ohio, she was running from the knowledge of what she could do. She has a secret. A mysterious power that could help catch the killer - if he doesn't catch her first.
I have been unsure about whether or not to pick this one up for ages. It's been on my wishlist for about a year and a half, and yet I still haven't picked it up! I can't entirely explain why, though ... I like the 1920s and it sounds like a really intriguing story (I really want to know what her mysterious power is!),  so there should be no reason why I wouldn't pick it up. And yet, every time I choose something else. I have decided to bump it up to the top of my list now, though, so hopefully I will have this on my shelf and ready to read very soon!


What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually have The Diviners on my shelves but for some reason I just haven't got around to reading it. Hope you get it soon. :)

Angie said...

This has been on my list forever! But I'm going to wait until the series is complete, because I have a feeling I'll love it and won't want to wait between books!

Angie @ Pinkindle

Obsessedwithfairytales said...

It is a great book, I'm reading the second one right now, I recommend it~ :)

Amy @ A Novel Start said...

Hey great post! I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it :) When I'm undecided I usually pop it in during a week with other books I REALLY want to read, that way if I don't like it I'm not as disappointed.
Have a great day,
Amy x

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design