Wednesday 3 June 2015

Wishlist Wednesday #182

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


Ms. Marvel Volume 2: Generation Why
by G. Willow Wilson, Jacob Wyatt & Adrian Alphona

Synopsis:
Who is the Inventor, and what does he want with the all-new Ms. Marvel and all her friends? Maybe Wolverine can help! Kamala may be fan-girling out when her favorite (okay maybe Top Five) super hero shows up, but that won't stop her from protecting her hometown. Then, Kamala crosses paths with Inhumanity for the first time - by meeting the royal dog, Lockjaw! Every girl wants a puppy, but this one may be too much of a handful, even for a super hero with embiggening powers. But why is Lockjaw really with Kamala? As Ms. Marvel discovers more about her past, the Inventor continues to threaten her future. The fan-favorite, critically acclaimed, amazing new series continues as Kamala Khan proves why she's the best (and most adorable) new super hero there is! COLLECTING: Ms. Marvel 6-11
A bit of a change of pace for this week's Wishlist Wednesday ... I don't think I have ever chosen a graphic novel before (but do correct me if I'm wrong!). I felt like now might be a good time to choose one though, because I just finished Ms. Marvel volume 1 last week, and I'm so excited about how good it was that I knew I needed to share this excitement with you guys!
The story follows a girl, Kamala, born in America to an Indian family who don't quite seem to understand the changes in their daughter. She insists that she's American and should be allowed to go to parties and talk to boys just like all the other girls her age. She's also got a bit of an obsession with the Avengers and even writes fanfic about them (a girl after my own heart!). She wishes for powers just like Ms Marvel, and somehow – miraculously – that seems to come true!
The first volume was so exciting that I read it in one sitting ... I can't wait to get my hands on this one ... especially as it includes one of my favourite X-men! I know it's not going to be long before I've both got this on my shelves, and then read it! I couldn't recommend this new Marvel series more!


What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 








1 comments:

Amy @ A Novel Start said...

Ms Marvel!!! I adore Avengers too he he. I went through a phase of reading comic books last year like Avengers vs. X-Men and Wonder Woman, absolutely fantastic! I hope you enjoy it :D
Have a great day,
Amy x

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design