Wednesday 13 May 2015

Wishlist Wednesday #180

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


I'll Meet You There
by Heather Dimitrious

Synopsis:
If seventeen-year-old Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing standing between straightedge Skylar and art school are three minimum-wage months of summer. Skylar can taste the freedom—that is, until her mother loses her job and everything starts coming apart. Torn between her dreams and the people she loves, Skylar realizes everything she’s ever worked for is on the line.

Nineteen-year-old Josh Mitchell had a different ticket out of Creek View: the Marines. But after his leg is blown off in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be. What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s dusty Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and soon, something deeper.
First of all, apologies for this being slightly delayed today! It has been a crazy day and I haven't managed to get online until now!
But I hope my pick for this week makes it worth it. I discovered this book at the beginning of the week (I actually don't remember how or where I discovered it ... excitement must have taken over!) and I knew it had to go right at the top of my wishlist! This is a story of two teenagers struggling to make their own way in life when the odds seem stacked against them. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those stories that stays with me long after I've turned the final page, and the reviews on Goodreads already back that theory up! You know when a book is averaging 4.11 stars on Goodreads (out of over 2000 reviews!) that it's popular for a reason.
I'm really hoping I'll be able to get this one on my shelves very very soon!


What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 








2 comments:

Amy @ A Novel Start said...

I recognize the cover, I think it was recommended to me. It's meant to be a really good book but I never read it because it's not really my thing. I hope you enjoy it, it's wonderful when passionate readers find a book that makes us excited to the bone! It's what makes reading worth it! :D
Happy reading!
Amy x

Unknown said...

Here's mine! It's still Wednesday over here which is why the linky is closed =(

http://angieonbooks.com/2015/05/21/the-book-i-couldnt-finish-the-one-i-cant-put-down-and-moar-memes/

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design