Wednesday 25 March 2015

Wishlist Wednesday #173

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


Every Second Counts [Split Second #2]
by Sophie McKenzie

Synopsis:
This is the second book in the series. If you've not read Split Second, this synopsis will contain spoilers.

The heart-stopping sequel to Split Second. Nat and Charlie are on the run, and in more danger than ever . . .

Nowhere is safe for Charlie and Nat. They have each other, but Roman Riley's networks could reach them at any time. Charlie believes the only option is to go undercover in Riley's team, and sneaks away from Nat to pursue her plan alone. Nat is desperate to find Charlie, but his family are in danger and Riley is coming ever closer. Even if Nat and Charlie can find each other again, could being together be even more dangerous than being apart . . .?
I almost felt as though I had to choose this one for my post this week ... or rather that it chose me! I finished Split Second at the weekend and full-on adored it. I had been sceptical, in all honesty, because the only other book I had read by the author was Girl, Missing, and I had not been so keen on that. But Split Second has proven to me that at least some of Sophie's books are definitely for me. I had been describing the book to my friends as 'the intense one' the whole time I was reading, and the ending is such a cliffhanger that I know it's not going to be long before I cave in and buy this (book-buying ban or no book-buying ban). Totally addictive!

What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 








1 comments:

Drea Shane said...

I haven't read these, but they sound good. I'll have to add them to my TBR list on Goodreads. This week my pick was The Eternity Key by Bree Despain. I loved the first book and can't wait to see what happens next.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design