Wednesday 11 March 2015

Wishlist Wednesday #171

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


The Storm [The Rain #2]
by Virginia Bergin

Synopsis:
"I'll tell you a weird thing about apocalypses - a thing I didn't even know until I was in one: they seem pretty bad, don't they? Well, take it from me: they can always get worse."

Three months after the killer rain first fell, Ruby is beginning to realise her father might be dead . . . and that she cannot survive alone. When a chance encounter lands her back in the army camp, Ruby thinks she is safe - at a price. Being forced to live with Darius Spratt is bad enough, but if Ruby wants to stay she must keep her eyes - and her mouth - shut. It's not going to happen. When she realizes what is going on - the army is trying to find a cure by experimenting on human subjects - Ruby flips out . . . and makes an even more shocking discovery: she's not useless at all. The Storm begins . . .
I literally finished the first book to this, The Rain, yesterday, and it was so freaking good that I'm already in desperate need of the sequel! The Rain was really dark and intense, and so frightening in places, but that's what made it so fantastic, and I'm dying (Ruby would tell me off for that turn of phrase) to read this second instalment. If the cover is anything to go by, I'm also thinking that my suspicions about Ruby are correct, and if anything, I need to see if I'm right!
I really can't wait to get this on my shelves. I'm going to London later today and I think this is going to have to be on my purchase list while I'm away!

What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 








2 comments:

Harjinder said...

IPL8 live 2015
thanks for sharing this great and cool info with us.

Unknown said...

Another new read for me ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design