Wednesday 16 January 2013

Wishlist Wednesday #71

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://www.pentopaperblog.com) somewhere in your post, and a note saying that Pen to Paper is the host of the meme.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!


I am Not a Serial Killer
by Dan Wells

Goodreads synopsis:
The first book in a darkly comic new series from a debut author

John works in his family’s mortuary and has an obsession with serial killers. He wants to be a good person, but fears he is a sociopath, and for years he has suppressed his dark side through a strict system of rules designed to mimic 'normal' behavior. 

Then a demon begins stalking his small town and killing people one by one, and John is forced to give in to his darker nature in order to save them. As he struggles to understand the demon and find a way to kill it, his own mind begins to unravel until he fears he may never regain control. Faced with the reality that he is, perhaps, more monstrous than the monster he is fighting, John must make a final stand against the horrors of both the demon and himself.

I only heard about this book for the first time yesterday - shocking, I know, especially as I've read another of Dan Wells' books, Partials. This is his debut novel, and I believe it's adult fiction, but I couldn't be sure about that. I heard about it on one of Danny Marks' videos (which I will link here), because it's one of the books that he plans to read this year, and when I read the synopsis on Goodreads, I really liked the sound of it, so on the wishlist it went! It sounds really different to Partials, the first in his Dystopian trilogy (at least I think it's going to be a trilogy), so I'll be interested to see what it's like. Fingers crossed I manage to move some books from the TBR so I can get this one soon!

What's on your wishlist this week? Let us know in the comments below, or link to your own Wishlist Wednesday post in the Linky :) 







9 comments:

Topcho said...

This is my first time doing this meme, I think I'm going to love it! And I love your book choice too!

Unknown said...

I'm liking the sound of this book as it seems to have a similar theme to the Dexter books. I'm interested to see how this author tackles it :) Thanks for the recommendation and for hosting another great hop :)
Shushkat

Anonymous said...

I have yet to read anything by Dan Wells, although I do have Partials on my TBR. Thanks for sharing it. I have added it to my TBR. The second in this series has a great rating. I look forward to reading it.

Read Write Reviews said...

Oh gosh this sounds so good! Thank you for sharing it with us!

My WoW!

Dani Cotton said...

I'm glad this has caused some interest! I've just given in and ordered a copy :P

Jenny @ Book Sojourner said...

Great choice. I loved Partials, and I remember seeing people with this book at Dan's book signing, but I forgot to look into it later. Now you've got me curious again :)

My WW:
http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-wishing-on-wednesday-perfect.html

Laura said...

Hi! i stumbled upon this Dan Wells book a few times myself already ( I LOVED Partials) and I really want to read it someday, but I'm still hesitant, because I don't know if it's YA or not (and i really don't like adult novels..) :D If you read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Unknown said...

This seems like a really interesting book. I haven't read The Partials yet but, I will get to it haha! Thanks for sharing!
Brittany @ Spare Time book blog

beccabooklover said...

Ooh this sounds interesting, reminds me a little of Dexter, a serial killer killing bad guys thinking it is right. I have Partials waiting to be read so I'll have to keep an eye out on this author! Good choice :)

Becca @ Lost in Thoughts
http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/wishlist-wednesday-25.html

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design