Sunday 30 September 2012

Showcase Sunday #19

Showcase Sunday is a new weekly meme hosted by the wonderful Vicky at Books, Biscuits & Tea, where we will show off the books and eBooks we received each week.




Physical Books
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Devil's Bargain by Rachel Caine
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
The Dark Heroine by Abigail Gibbs
Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
Blink Once by Cylin Busby

eBooks
These eBooks are all from over the past two weeks, as I didn't have time to put any in my post last week. Click on each image to visit the Goodreads pages, to read the synopsis' and add it to your wishlist :)


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The Book of Deacon by Joseph R. Lallo: This was a free one from Amazon Kindle, and it looks like a pretty good fantasy novel. It was also pretty well-rated on Amazon, and I thought that I'd give it a go.

A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott: Another free one from Amazon Kindle, and one that sounds like it'll be exactly my kind of read. It's also pretty well-rated, so I don't think I'll go wrong with this one either.

Angelfall by Susan Ee: This was a featured book on the Amazon Kindle page, and I've heard a lot about it recently. For £1.99, I thought I'd give it a go.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Talulla Rising by Glen Duncan: I haven't read the first book in this series yet, but I do have it on my Kindle, so I thought I'd pick the sequel up, while it was cheap. 

Ash by James Herbert: I've never read a James Herbert book, but I keep thinking that I should give them a go. This is the new book, and it's still only out in hardback in the UK (I don't know about anywhere else, if I'm honest), but it was only 20p on Kindle, for a limited time, so I picked it up! I can't believe how cheap it was! Even though horror isn't one of my preferred genres, I'm still going to give it a go.

Katya's World by Jonathan L. Howard: I got this one to review from Angry Robot on NetGalley, and it looks like a really great fantasy read. It sounds like it has really great world building, which is something I love, but also a sense of proper adventure. I'm hoping it'll live up to my expectations.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

The Dead of Winter by Lee Collins: Another one from Angry Robot on NetGalley, and another that I'm excited about. It sounds like something a bit different from what I usually read, so I'm looking forward to it.

Ever by Jessa Russo: I got this one to review from Curiosity Quills Press on NetGalley. I requested it because it sounds like it could be an interesting love story. There is a love triangle in there, and I can sometimes find those quite frustrating, but it'll be interesting to see how this one turns out - seeing as one of the guys is a ghost! I'm also a little upset that I have this in eBook only, and not a hardcopy - the cover is just beautiful - I think I could stare at it all day!

Mark of the Witch by Maggie Shayne: I got this one from MIRA on NetGalley. I've never read any of Maggie Shayne's stuff before, but obviously I've heard a lot about her books. This is the first in a new series that involves witches and magic, and as I am a huge fan of all things magical, I thought I'd put a request in. I'm looking forward to trying this author out!


12 comments:

Chey said...

I love watching your videos! :) I can't wait to read Mystic City or Dance of Shadows. I hope you enjoy! :D

Dani Cotton said...

Thank you, haha! They've been a struggle to get online recently, because my internet decides not to upload them. I have to take them to my boyfriend's house :P That's why this post is so late today!

Mystic City looks seriously awesome :) I can't wait!

Dani x

Zoe said...

Great books, Dani! I really enjoyed Blink Once so I hope you do too. And I received Dance of Shadows too... doesn't the cover look gorgeous?! <33 I'm dying to read Mystic City, it looks awesome :)
Happy reading :)
My SS:
http://www.bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/showcase-sunday-9.html

Angie said...

Angelfall is amazing! I hope you love it, too. :D

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Sara In Bookland said...

Saw the video! :)
I've received Dash and Lily's Book of Dares too this week, I think it sounds great!
Happy reading!
P.S So lucky, you received Blink Once! ^^

My showcase Sunday @ Sara In Bookland

Anonymous said...

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is awesome! Have fun reading (:

Leigh | Little Book Star

beccabooklover said...

Great books; Mystic City looks really interesting so I definitely need to check it out! I have a few of the ebooks too including Katya's World which looks really good so I'm looking forward to reading it :)

Becca @ Lost in Thought
http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/showcase-sunday-14.html

caroline.taylor078 said...

Black Swan meets Gossip Girl - oh I am so down for that, it sounds amazing! thats going right to the top of my wishlist.

Wee Shubba said...

Wonderful Haul, Mystic City and A Job from Hell are good, But The Dark Heroine is amazing! Best book I have read this year so far!! Enjoy all your books.


Check Out Our Book Haul

Paige said...

I should be getting Mystic City soon it sounds pretty good and it does have a pretty cover! I hope you enjoy everythinng you got this week!

My IMM

Jenn @ Owl Read It said...

Mystic City sounds sooo good! I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your new books! Happy reading!

Unknown said...

Thanks for great info.
--------------------------------
Paper Writing

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design