Thursday 2 February 2012

The Time Will Come #17

Every Thursday, Books for Company hosts a meme in which we will post a book we really want to read, or have been meaning to take off our shelves and read for a while.

Want to join in?

  • Pick a book you have been meaning to read.
  • Do a post telling us about this book.
  • Link up the post in the Linky
  • Visit the other blogs!

Eve by Anna Carey
Goodreads synopsis:
The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.


Link
I bought this one about four months ago, after seeing it mentioned on another book blog. I really like the sound of it. I read the first couple of chapters and they were great, so hopefully the rest of the book will be as intriguing.
I've really started getting into Dystopian fiction, especially YA dystopia, so this one should be great!


Which books are you planning to read soon, that have been on that pesky TBR pile for far too long? Let me know in the comments :)

2 comments:

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I really liked this book- hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it!
Dystopian fiction seems to be the new thing at the moment, there's loads of them about- some great books though.
:)

books first love said...

WOW another dystopian. I read Delirium and Divergent they were very good. From my TBR pile I guess I will read The future of us. I wanted to read it for months.
Happy reading!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design