Wednesday 4 January 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #17

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

Tempest by Julie Cross

Goodreads synosis:
The year is 2009. Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, has a girlfriend… and he can travel back through time. But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun.

That is… until the day strangers burst in on Jackson and his girlfriend, Holly, and during a struggle with Jackson, Holly is fatally shot. In his panic, Jackson jumps back two years to 2007, but this is not like his previous time jumps. Now he’s stuck in 2007 and can’t get back to the future.

Desperate to somehow return to 2009 to save Holly but unable to return to his rightful year, Jackson settles into 2007 and learns what he can about his abilities.

But it’s not long before the people who shot Holly in 2009 come looking for Jackson in the past, and these “Enemies of Time” will stop at nothing to recruit this powerful young time-traveler. Recruit… or kill him.

Piecing together the clues about his father, the Enemies of Time, and himself, Jackson must decide how far he’s willing to go to save Holly… and possibly the entire world.


I've seen this on so many different book blogs now that it has really caught my attention (definitely a statement about the power that us book bloggers have!).
Time travel is not something that I come across very often (apart from the episodes of Doctor Who that I love so much), so it's something that's a little different from the norm for me.
It's also quite refreshing to see a YA book in this genre with a male protagonist too - it's been quite a while, I now realize, since I read a book with a male protagonist (there was Firmin, but that was literary fiction and very different from this).

I think this one will be a refreshing change all round - I look forward to getting a copy soon (when it comes out). Maybe I can drops some subtle hints in time for my birthday in February... ;P

What's on your wishlist this week? Join in with Wishlist Wednesday and let us know! Drop you link into the linky below when your post is done!








11 comments:

Bellas Shelf said...

This book looks awesome! Makes me wish I picked a more exciting one off of my list *pouts* lolz..
I am DEF adding this to my 2012 TBR list!
Thanx for sharing it & thank u for the cool meme :)

Elisa said...

Tempest also include in my wishlist! =D
I also interested on the story about time traveller and because it's told from male POV. Sounds refreshing!

Thank you for hosting this awesome meme! ^^

Christine said...

Tempest looks tempting. It's on my wishlist too

primrose said...

I love time travel too and the cover looks amazing!

Edward said...

Dani, just a note to say that I'm your newest follower, courtesy of the Beck Valley Blog Hop - http://bit.ly/w4V4VA

As I'm an author, and already have a "theme" for this Wednesday, I must regretfully skip your meme, but, I do have a fun & free wishlist suggestion for your readers!

My latest short fiction, "Happily Ever After" takes a look at traditional fairy tales such as Snow White, Cinderella, and The Princess & The Pea in a slightly different light. Grab your copy (FREE until Friday!) at http://amzn.to/uIjoa1 and get ready to root for the bad girl!

Best Wednesday wishes,
Edward
http://read-write-listen.blogspot.com

Edward said...

P.S. Sorry, I should have mentioned that UK readers can get THEIR free copies here: http://amzn.to/xmvOxp, where "Happily Ever After" is #15 in the Fiction > Fairy Tales category!

Best!
Edward

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

This book sounds awesome!!

Dani Cotton said...

Hi Edward! I'm afraid Fairy Tales are no longer the same to me... I studied Children's Fiction as a module at University this semester, and read many 'original' (originally written anyway) fairy tales - some of them are definitely not for children! I'm afraid they no longer hold the same appeal though.
Although I'm sure some of my followers would love a read!
You may want to leave the full link too - not sure that one will work.

Dani.

SarahS. said...

Tempest is on my Wishlist today too. (:

Dani Cotton said...

I shall admit to being weak - I gave in ... I ordered the book from the book dep! Can't wait to get it! :D

Unknown said...

The cover itself is already a head-turner, don't you think? :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design