Wednesday 7 December 2011

Wishlist Wednesday #13

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
Goodreads synopsis:
Succubus (n.) An alluring, shape-shifting demon who seduces and pleasures mortal men. Pathetic (adj.) A succubus with great shoes and no social life. See: Georgina Kincaid.

When it comes to jobs in hell, being a succubus seems pretty glamorous. A girl can be anything she wants, the wardrobe is killer, and mortal men will do anything just for a touch. Granted, they often pay with their souls, but why get technical?

But Seattle succubus Georgina Kincaid's life is far less exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies. Her immortal best friends haven't stopped teasing her about the time she shape-shifted into the Demon Goddess getup complete with whip and wings. And she can't have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy's life. At least there's her day job at a local bookstore--free books; all the white chocolate mochas she can drink; and easy access to bestselling, sexy writer, Seth Mortensen, aka He Whom She Would Give Anything to Touch but Can't.

But dreaming about Seth will have to wait. Something wicked is at work in Seattle's demon underground. And for once, all of her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help because Georgina's about to discover there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...

I have the first in another of Richelle's series to read, Storm Born, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet - as with many more books that have been on my shelves for far too long. This one however looks particularly interesting to me at the moment. I've read a couple of really good novels recently that have had either an incubus or a succubus in them, and have really enjoyed reading a paranormal novel that takes a step away from the usual Vampires and Werewolves that I read about, and explores an entirely different creature.

Unless I get this one for Christmas, I won't be buying it for a while to come, as I'm imposing a book buying ban on myself until I've shifted a few (and seeing as I'm getting a fairly decent pile for Christmas). But eventually I will get around to getting this one off the wishlist and onto the shelves!

What books are on your wishlist that you can't wait to get? Let me know in the comments - or if you have a book blog, why not join in? Sign up below :)









7 comments:

primrose said...

I'm trying to impose a book ban on myself but I always failed. Just can't seemed to resist those beautiful books beckoning me with their deceiving covers. I think my sister probably would love the Succubus series. Is it like Christine Feehan or Karen Marie Mooning books?

Megan said...

Sounds great!

My pick can be found at http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com/2011/12/wishlist-wednesday-liesl-po-by-lauren.html

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

Dani Cotton said...

Primrose, I think it is a little, I guess, but I've not yet read either of those authors, although I have books by both to read. I think it'd be a little more like Karen Marie Moning though - Christine Feehan, I've heard is a little more 'adult'. So I've heard anyway :)

Unknown said...

This sounds fab!

Passing through for the hop :-)

TToria @ http://ttoria.blogspot.com

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Definitely a more unusual paranormal element!!

My Wishlist Pick!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Jenn said...

Hi! I've hopped my way here today and now I'm a new follower.

Pleases come visit me sometime at

http://culinarycozies.blogspot.com

Elisa said...

Hi, a new follower here =) I'm happy you create this meme.

I already read this and it was good and funny. and yes, it's an adult novel.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design