Thursday 15 December 2011

The Time Will Come #14

Every Thursday, Books for Company hosts a meme in which we will post a book we really want to read, or have been meaning to take off our shelves and read for a while.

Want to join in?
  • Pick a book you have been meaning to read.
  • Do a post telling us about this book.
  • Link up the post in the Linky
  • Visit the other blogs!



Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder

Goodreads synopsis:
Untrained. Untested. Unleashed. With her unique magical abilities, Opal has always felt unsure of her place at Sitia's magic academy. But when the Stormdancer clan needs help, Opal's knowledge makes her the perfect choice - until the mission goes awry. Pulling her powers in unfamiliar directions, Opal finds herself tapping into a new kind of magic as stunningly potent as it is frightening. Now Opal must deal with plotters out to destroy the Stormdancer clan, as well as a traitor in their midst. With danger and deception rising around her, will Opal's untested abilities destroy her - or save them all?

I bought this one ages ago when a friend recommended it to me, but I still haven't gotten around to it, despite having it on the shelf for around two years. I think I was a little unsure about this kind of fantasy/science fiction before, so I just put off reading it and never attempted to pick it up.
Well, now I'm reading the newest book by this author, Touch of Power, the first in a new series, and I absolutely love it, so I will definitely be getting around to read this one very soon! I can't believe I stayed away from reading Maria's books for so long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design