Thursday 1 December 2011

Booking Through Thursday #3

Booking Through Thursday


Do you find that your mood affects the things you read? Like, if you’re in a bad mood, do you tend to indulge in reading that will support it or do you try to read things that will cheer you up? Do you pick different types of books on dreary, rainy days than you do on bright sunny ones?

For that matter, does your mood color what you’re reading, so that a funny book isn’t so funny or a serious one not so deep?

I don't think my mood effects what I read most of the time - although if I am in a particularly bad mood, I do sometimes find it difficult to settle into reading because whatever it is that has put me in a bad mood can sometimes play on my mind. But other than that my mood doesn't really tend to effect my reading too much.
If I'm in a bad mood though, and I'm about to start a new book, I would probably choose something to make me feel better though - a bit of a guilty pleasure read.
Books can easily change my mood though. The last book that really did that was Night Road by Kristin Hannah - a very good book but very upsetting! Not one to read without a box of tissues!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design