Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wishlist Wednesday #7

Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.

So what do you need to do to join in?
  • Follow Pen to Paper as host of the meme.
  • Please consider adding the blog hop button to your blog somewhere, so others can find it easily and join in too! Help spread the word! The code will be at the bottom of the post under the linky.
  • Pick a book from your wishlist that you are dying to get to put on your shelves.
  • Do a post telling your readers about the book and why it's on your wishlist.
  • Add your blog to the linky at the bottom of this post.
  • Put a link back to pen to paper (http://vogue-pentopaper.blogspot.com) somewhere in your post.
  • Visit the other blogs and enjoy!

Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite
Waterstone's synopsis:

Sex, blood and a haunted house - presented here from the master of gothic horror. At a house in Missing Mile, just outside New Orleans, little Trevor McGee found the bodies of his brother, his mother, and the man who killed them both - his father. Twenty years later, the house lies abandoned. Trevor returns, with his lover Zach, a fugitive computer hacker, determined to uncover what drove his father to madness and murder. But in confronting the demonic forces that destroyed the McGee family, Trevor unleashes a new terror. And risks his life all over again ...From the author of the original cult novel of vampire chic, "Lost Souls", comes a graphic, gothic tale of love, lust and a haunted house of horror.

I'm told over and over again by various people that I should read Poppy Z. Brite, but I just keep putting it off, so I have finally added one to my wishlist in the last week that sounds like it might be a good read. I don't tend to read too many books from the horror genre - some are close but they're still technically 'fantasy' or 'fiction' in the bookshops. I think this one sounds intriguing, so when I have a little more space for more books, I will get it on those shelves and eventually read!









8 comments:

Megan said...

This books sounds so good!

Check out my latest wishlist for this this week - http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com/2011/10/wishlist-wednesday-street-sweeper-by.html

So many books, so little time...

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

www.storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

I can't say I've heard of this book or the author. But you have me sold! Just dashinng off to add this one to the Goodreads wishlist.

Toni D. said...

I think I'm too much of a scaredy cat for that one. Eeeek! I've put mine up here.

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

Wow...that sounds so good...but I think I might be too scared to read it!!!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Lindsay said...

Sounds exciting but too scary for me!

Lindsay

http://thelittlereaderlibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/wishlist-wednesday_26.html

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

I don't really like horror - they're a bit too scary for me, but this one sounds very interesting! I'll check it out :)

Anonymous said...

My first time to join in the hop! :)

I do like gothic horror too so that book you linked to sounds interesting. There's another author I really like called Marcus Sedgwick who writes old fashioned gothic dark horror. He's not that popular (I hardly know anyone who's heard of him), but I do like his style ("My Swordhand is Singing" etc).

Dani Cotton said...

I've heard of Marcus Sedgwick - I work in a book shop, so I've seen quite a few of his hanging around. They're all children's fiction (in the 9-12 years section) that I've seen. Minus White Crow, which I think is a teen/YA.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design