Friday 14 October 2011

Time Flies Friday

Time Flies Friday is a weekly meme/blog hop hosted by Gemma at Passion for Novels.
Each week we post about a children's book we loved when we were younger and tell your readers why you loved it so much.
So lets see how we go! My choice this week is:

The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark by Jill Tomlinson
Waterstone's synopsis:

Plop, the Baby Barn Owl, is like every Barn Owl there ever was, except for one thing--he is afraid of the dark. "Dark is nasty" he says and so he won't go hunting with his parents. Mrs. Barn Owl sends him down from his nest-hole to ask about the dark and he meets a little boy waiting for the fireworks to begin, an old lady, a scout out camping, a girl who tells him about Father Christmas, a man with a telescope, and a black cat who takes him exploring. He realizes that through these encounters that dark is super after all.

I absolutely loved this one when I was younger, and if I could think of an excuse to re-read it now, I probably would! Plop the baby barn own, who had knobbly knees, goes on adventures to get over his silly fear of the dark - you don't get much cuter than that! Plop helps you learn very early on that 'Dark is Exciting', and this one has stuck with me right into my (however early) years of adulthood. This will definitely be one that I'll be reading to my children later in life.

2 comments:

Passion for Novels said...

AWWW Dani this book sounds so cute! I can't believe I didn't come across it when I was younger! You can read it to me as an excuse if you want!! :D

Thanks for joining the blog hop!
xxxx

Dani Cotton said...

I still have my copy Gem - I'll read it to you as a bedtime story on Sunday if you like ;) Haha!

xxx

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design