Friday 14 October 2011

Book Blogger Hop #2

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme/blog hop hosted by Crazy For Books. Each week a new question will be posted for each blogger taking part to answer in their own blog post.
To take part, you must post your own blog post before linking up to the linky list at Crazy for Books.

For more information on this week's hop click here.

This week's question is:

"What is your favourite spooky book (i.e. mystery/suspense, thriller, ghost story etc?"

This is quite a difficult one! Although I don't read too many 'horror' books, there are still a few that fall into the mystery/suspense category.
But I think I'm going to have to go with:

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
Waterstone's synopsis:
In a darkened room a young man sits telling the macabre and eerie story of his life - the story of a vampire, gifted with eternal life, cursed with an exquisite craving for human blood. Anne Rice's compulsively readable novel is arguably the most celebrated work of vampire fiction since Bram Stoker's Dracula was published in 1897. As the Washington Post said on its first publication, it is a 'thrilling, strikingly original work of the imagination ...sometimes horrible, sometimes beautiful, always unforgettable'.

This was a previous Halloween read, and although it wasn't particularly scary most of the way through, there were parts of the novel that were 'creepy' or 'spooky'. I did quite enjoy it, but I don't think I'd put it down as one of my favourite reads. I did read part of The Vampire Lestat after I'd finished with this one, but found myself unable to finish it - those that have read that one will probably know around which point I had stopped reading!
I would recommend reading Interview with the Vampire as a Halloween read though, if you have not read it already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good one, happy Friday.

Nissa said...

This one's been on my TBR list forever! I'm quite a wuss so I'm not really sure if it's something I'd like (even though it's not downright horror like you said), but I've heard so many good things about it... I'm on the fence.

Dani Cotton said...

Nissa, I'll tell you a whispered secret - I'm a wuss with horror as well ;)
Honestly. But this is really quite good, and not too bad on the horror side of things. The Vampire Lestat (the novel following this one) is a little worse though, so watch out for that one! :) I'd say go for Interview with the Vampire though. If you don't like it, you can always put it down and pick up another book, is what I say! xx

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

I love Anne Rice, the first ever vampire books I read. Must read them again as I'm sure she has released more since I was in my teens...... well that was a long time ago ha ha ha.

Jen xx

sam1978 said...

I did start this once and couldn't get into it at that time. I have kept it and will try again because I REALLY want to like it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog - it is always appreciated!

 
Blog design installed by Sweet Dreams Design